Have you stepped into an award-winning design studio?
Look for these 17 giveaway signs in 2017.
- You’re in a tasteful mill/factory/church conversion.
- Several very expensive road bikes are hanging on the wall.
- Radio 6 Music is playing.
- There are beards.
- An eager intern is asking you if they can get you a drink.
- An awards trophy from the noughties is being used as a doorstop.
- There’s a white IKEA Expedit bookcase full of Laurence King and Phaidon books.
- There’s a pile of Howies catalogues on it too.
- There’s a shelf full of pencil-shaped statuettes and slabs of glass.
- People are sniffing the pages of new print as if that’s a normal thing to do.
- Someone’s walking around with a camera.
- A pile of D&AD annuals are being used as a laptop stand.
- There’s decent 120gsm paper in the printer.
- There’s a mural.
- You can smell proper coffee.
- Plastic Japanese action figures worth a fortune on ebay are sitting on people’s desks.
- No one has any idea when the Creative Director is next going to be free. Or indeed where they are.